In a suburban family where every one is shifting to live in the apartments are looking forward to create more space with minimalist approach towards life. People like the idea of living a simplified, sorted, de cluttered life with less but very functional stuff. Fewer are the possessons and acquisitions at home less is to maintain and you are more stress free. You have fewer things to clean, simplify and organize at your home. But the question is how to begin with the ordeal.
A simplified de cluttered home sounds very fascinating, right. But from where should you to start working towards getting a space which is minimal enough to give you a relaxing environment. So stop shirking it off, it’s not even that a big deal. You got to follow few very basic steps to de-clutter your space:
· Prioritized Area: Make a list of the areas which are most cluttered and need an attention on SOS basis.
· Each Day- Dedicate 5 to 10 minutes every day to de clutter till the time you do not think the major de cluttering has been done. This will divide the pressure of completing the task in a day.
· Give Away- Start sorting by giving away an item each day, this will help you de clutter your home and you will notice how you have collected useless things around yourself may be then you will understand how keeping minimal things can help you being more sorted.
· Trash bag- A real simple step to de-clutter gets a trash bag and see how quickly you can fill it with N numbers of useless clutter at home. Now you can see that where you have to put the trash bag. Either in the trash bin, recycle or donate.
· Self Storage- It’s possible that you at times happen to find some belongings that can not be discarded may be because they are close to your sentiments and has been a cherished possession of your family for a long time. There are few items like files, and some very precious things like jewelry or some antiques that you cannot get rid off. Well can be that old piece of furniture that is functional enough to be sold out, but is not getting a buyer. For a situation like this Self Storage Services have household storage solutions. This way you can create space at your house and you get a step closer to a minimal home.
· Throw, Donate, Put Them Back- I wonder why you want to run away from de cluttering its fun and so easy. Choose at least 30 things that need to be sorted. Now evaluate over those 30 things. Take 10 that can be thrown, 10 that an be donated and 10 that can go back to the place where they were resting before.
· Misses- Do a before and after of you targeted area. Take a photo before and then take a picture after sorting. This way you can compare what all you have sorted and what more you can do over it to get a more sorted place.
· Vision and Imagination- You can have picture in your mind and broaden the sphere of vision and imagination over different ways that can improve the storage and make your drawers, closet and wardrobes more sorted. You may follow the rules of 5 S. Sort, simplify, shine, standardize and sustain. This a lean tool followed in the industries that can be implied at home also.
Getting rid of clutter should not be one day’s job; it should a habit that should be followed every day, not for hours but say for 5 minutes a day. Hence that makes you a minimalist. Make it easier for yourself before are discarding an old possession by assessing its present cost and the depreciation.