Power-up Your Application Using WCF and WPF(Windows Presentation Foundation)
When we talk about GUI (Graphical User Interface), the first thing that will come in our mind would be WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) and WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation). No matter what kind of application you’re developing, it has to look appealing and attractive in order to grab the attention of the potential users or customers, and WCF and WPF from Microsoft will help you achieve it while helping you boost up the sales and generating profit for your business.
While developers are leveraging from the WCF and WPF, many businesses often overlook the importance of it in the wpf application development. While Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is basically a framework used to build service based applications, WPF is to help developers create attractive and engaging UIs (User Interfaces). So, how both of these services from Microsoft will help you boost up the performance of your application? Let’s find it out!
How WCF helps improving performance of the applications?
- WCF enables the communication with the other applications communicating from a wide range of platforms. The quick development power of .NET is combined with the fast deliver power of WCF, which will help businesses or prospects to reach out market within a less time.
- It lets the developers perform whatever he or she wants while taking care of delivering it out to the rest of the world in a more reliable, secure and high performance way.
- WCF also supersede the traditional remoting principles by providing state-of-the-art solutions to publish code in the form of web services. Such solutions are easy to implement and requires a less number threads.
- With the inbuilt logging mechanism, WCF helps the development team to trace the logs during maintenance.
- With the help of message encryption, WCF greatly improves the security of the applications. You can also set priorities and permissions in order to restrict the access of the unauthorized person. Moreover, you can also implement standards like SSL to implement robust securities.
- WCF architecture also brings a few very important extensibility features that will benefit people willing to leverage from a higher capability.
On the other hand, WPF improves the performance of the application with the following benefits:
- Clear separation between the UI and logic. There is nothing new in the UI and logic separation, but what makes WPF different is that it generates layout code in the languages like C#, VB.NET or C++ for the designer, which will simplify designing task for them while improving their productivity that at the end improves the overall performance of the application.
- Ease of implementing the MVVM pattern with the help of inbuilt functionality, which will reduce the task overhead for the designers. All they have to do is to properly design the architecture for the application and implement the three pattern elements.
- Make it easy for the designers and developers work together. As a professional interface designer designs comprehensive and stylized UI, it enables developers to concentrate on what they do best, and that is writing code. This means designers and developers can easily collaborate smoothly for developing applications.
- Make it easy for the designers to integrate multimedia features, such as 3-D graphics, video, speech, rich document viewing and so on.
- Simplifies the deployment process. It brings an option to deploy conventional Windows applications, which is an important component of the technology.
- It uses XAML (Extensible Markup Language) declarative programming in order to define the layout of the application objects and to represent 3-D models, which enable graphic designers to focus more on the look and feel of the application.
From the above pointers, it is quite clear that WCF and WPF greatly helps designers and developers to simplify the application design & development process while reducing overall workload. Have you tried using WCF or WPF? Do you have more points to highlight? Share your views in the comments…!
Author Bio: Jagruti Patel with great interest and passion for technology, loves to share insights and views about technology solutions and services. She has deep roots and understanding of Microsoft technologies and is currently working with Cygnet Infotech, a .Net development company in India.