A lot of time is spent in the kitchen hence it is a good idea to devote some time and energy for the design of a kitchen. Every element of the kitchen requires equal attention including the kitchen sinks. Searching for the right type of kitchen handles in Sydney and other kitchen items during renovations can also be quite time-consuming.
There are many different types of kitchen sinks available, one for every kind of kitchen. This article goes on to describe the many different types of sinks available for those searching for kitchen sinks in Sydney. It also explains the factors to consider when buying a kitchen sink and the benefits of selecting a single basin sink.
Types of kitchen sinks
- Farmhouse Sink: This type of sink is also known as the apron sink and it extends over the edge of a counter. It is commonly used in a traditional style kitchen. It can be designed to have either a single bowl or a double bowl. They can be either fireclay or cast iron and are perfect for a large family.
- Undercount Sink: This is a type of sink that is placed is placed directly under the counter. It is versatile and works with all kitchen layouts. They appear sleek and are easy to clean up as well.
- Stainless Steel Sink: These are light and hence easy to install as well. These sinks have a thicker gauge which means such sinks will typically be heavier and cheaper. They are also likely to be more expensive. The disadvantage with such sinks is that they dent easily and tend to be noisier as well.
- Single Basin: A single bowl kitchen is good for small kitchens which have very less counter space. Such kitchen is easy to work with since one can clear large cookware easily.
How to select a Kitchen Sink?
There are several factors to consider when selecting a kitchen sink including :
- Size: Kitchen size usually dictates the size of a sink as well. A big sink that has counter space and hence can result in increasing the size of the sink as well. The other factors to consider when selecting a sink of the correct size is the cabinet space.
- Bowl Number: A single large bowl may make it easier to wash pots and pans. Opting for multiple smaller bowls can make the process of washing tougher.
- Use Stainless Steel: There are many options when it comes to selecting the material of Stainless steel is the most preferred method for a kitchen sink. Such sinks are long-lasting and prevent corrosion as well.
- Countertop Option: There is the option of countertop or under counter mount. Depending on the height of a kitchen and your height, one or the other type may be suitable.
Benefits of selecting a Single Basin Sink
- A single basin sink is usually bigger than a multi-bowl sink. It makes it possible to place larger pots as well as small pots, pans, and utensils.
- This type of sink occupies lesser space and is useful in a small kitchen.
- This sink is less expensive than a double basin sink. Hence when it is time for renovations or installation of a new kitchen and you are on a tight budget, it is important to remember that a single basin sink is more economical.
- A double basin sink requires more maintenance as well. This means issues with faucets or bowl will tend to cost more and the cleaning process necessary on a regular basis also takes longer.