Best Coaching Institute for IAS
One of the best places for IAS coaching in India is Indore. It has excellent faculties, study materials, and coaching facilities for UPSC level civil service examinations. Several students here already prepare for the MPPSC or Madhya Pradesh Public Services Commission exam. It is very important to be fully aware on all the important details with respect to such examinations, for which coaching institutes are necessary.
MPPSC is a recognized independent body which selects and recruits candidates for various civil service positions within Madhya Pradesh. The selection procedure is as per results obtained in its competitive examinations. MPPSC falls under Section 118(3) of the States Reorganization Act and was first established in 1956.
- The candidate must be a permanent citizen of India
- If an Indian student has a foreign degree, it should be accredited by UGC
- Only the upper age limit can be relaxed, but only in accordance with exceptions
- Age limits for Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jail & Transportation Sub Inspector, and Assistant Superintendent have to be from 21-28 years. Candidates for the other posts can be aged from 21-40 years.
- All candidates should either be degree holders or graduates (UGC-recognized institutes) to appear for the exam. Those with recognized professional or technical degrees would also be eligible.
Speaking to the toppers
Toppers of any competitive exam such as IAS are called to their respective coaching institutes every year. They provide invaluable tips to aspirants every year and can relate to the aspirants after having themselves been through the same grind.
Every tip available at the best IAS coaching in Indore may not be applicable to every person, but some of them are extremely helpful. It would be helpful to get tips for the following:
- Best memory techniques
- Which topics to be given more importance
- Focus areas
- Shaping daily routines
- Generating motivation to study well
- Suitable strategy for attempting the exam
- Enhancing self confidence
- Being unfazed by interviews
UPSC is about practical knowledge
More than bookish knowledge, preparation for IAS exams organized by UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) is about practical aspects. Also, it encompasses general knowledge with respect to almost all fields, which constitutes Current Affairs. The best way to gain such resources is to choose a suitable IAS coaching institute. One of the main aspects which will be described at every institute is reading newspaper editorials every day.
IAS exam pattern
For the recruitment of different IAS positions, the UPSC conducts a three tier examination. These are as follows:
- Preliminary, or Prelims (usually in June)
- Mains (usually in November or December)
- Personal Interview (March next year)
The final results with respect to the interviews (individuals selected for various civil service positions in the Indian Government) are released in May. Prelims are meant to scrutinize the IAS aspiring candidates on a preliminary basis, and so its marks are not taken into account for ranking. At the same time, one must also not take the exam marks obtained here. Actual ranks are based on marks obtained in the mains and the personal interview.
Selection of the coaching institute
Finding the most suitable IAS coaching center can be quite a task, considering that Indore has so many of them. The selection can be made as per the following guidelines:
- Check results of students from the institute in the last few years. A top institute would be able to display consistency in the results.
- Speak to current and old students from the institute before making the decision to join
- See if the institute is in a convenient locality. In case of being a new city, it would be helpful to choose an accommodation close to this place.
- Find out how frequently this institute updates its study material. For an exam as prestigious as this, it is important to be studying from the latest material.
- The brand name is not everything when it comes to a suitable institute. Sometimes even the well known ones cannot live up to their standards while relatively unknown ones shine through.
- Of course, it is not possible to finalize a coaching institute without looking at the prices. One must check if the institute’s faculty members are able to live up to the fees being charged.
For lakhs of aspirants every year, getting selected for the Civil Services is a matter of great prestige every year. The time taken for this selection process can be agonizing for many, as it takes almost close to a year. There are only a few lucky ones who make it to the final cut in the first or second attempt, while a number of candidates have given these exams six times as well. Despite this, students should realize that just in case they do not make it, their world will not end.