- For aluminium and glass bifolds, you need to give them a wipe down with warm water and a mild soap. Make sure that you use a soft cloth, as abrasive ones and harsh chemicals can actually damage the surface of the door or glass if you’re not careful.
For timber bifolds, you will need to use the same technique. You should, however, use as mild a product as you can find, as this will help to protect the finished surface of the doors. You should also make sure that the product is suited to timber.
- Don’t forget about the hinges; whenever you perform maintenance, make sure that they are properly lubricated, as this will help to remove any unwanted creaks and stiffness. Make sure that you brush away any build up that may compromise their movement.
- Make sure that you wipe away any excess oil from the hinges, as this can attract dirt. Over time this debris may harden or even begin to corrode the surface of the bifolds, which can leave a stain or a mark that is impossible to remove.
- Keep the tracks free of dirt and regularly check to make sure that there are no stones or other small objects in them that could obstruct the movement of the doors. When left, these objects can actually alter the shape of the tracks beyond repair.
- Regularly inspect the rollers and wipe away any dirt that may have become attached to them. This will ensure that they always roll easily and that they don’t become chipped or broken. If they have already sustained damage you will need to replace them.
Unfortunately, most homeowners rarely take the time to clean their bifolds, which leads to all sorts of problems (including sticking, coming off the track and even more serious damage). Giving bi fold doors in melbourne a little maintenance every now and then, however, will ensure that they continue to look as good as they did when new and that they continue to operate smoothly. We have compiled a list of tips that you might find beneficial for undertaking your own maintenance tasks. Some of the maintenance and cleaning tasks that you should regularly undertake for your bifolds include: