Related articles :Whilst a gas monitor is extremely useful in gas detecting the presence of potentially harmful substances in your workplace, they are prone to developing a few issues as a result of age, misuse and even faults with their manufacture. If your MultiRAE plus 6 gas monitor is experiencing one of the below problems, at least you will know how to troubleshoot it. Problem #1: You cannot turn the monitor on after charging its battery
There are a number of reasons why your device may be experiencing this issue, such as a discharged or a defective battery or even a microcomputer hang up. To rectify the problem, try the following:
- Re-charge or replace the battery.
- Disconnect then reconnect the battery to reset the computer.
There are also a number of causes for this type of issue, including using the wrong calibration data, a dirty PID module, a dirty water trap filter or excessive moisture and water condensation. To rectify the problem, try one of the following tips:
- Re-calibrate the device with gas.
- Clean the PID sensor module.
- Replace the water trap filter.
- Blow-dry the sensor module to remove excess moisture.
Whilst there are only a few causes for these sorts of issues, they can be just as damaging as any other. An incorrect calibration or a low sensitivity to the specific gas could be the cause, and you can fix the problem using the following:
- Calibrate the monitor.
- Replace the sensor.
If your monitor is experiencing this issue, it could have been caused by the sensor zero having drifted, the battery may have been disconnected or the sensor has been newly plugged in. Rectify the problem via the following tips:
- Complete a fresh air calibration.
- Wait for the reading to stabilize.
The main causes for this problem are having a no or low standard gas input, or it is experiencing a sensor failure. To rectify the problem, you should try one of the following methods:
- Make sure that a standard gas flows into the monitor and that the concentration is high enough.
- Clean or replace the sensor.
265total visits,4visits today