- 1 Residential Roofing vs Commercial Roofing: What are the Differences?
- 1.1 Ask an Expert for Your Residential and Commercial Roof Replacement and Installations.
- 1.2 Are you looking to replace or repair your home and commercial building roof? There are so many roofers and roofing specialists out there. They have an experienced and professional crew to repair and install your roof correctly.
Residential Roofing vs Commercial Roofing: What are the Differences?
Are you the homeowner or the owner of any commercial building? The roof of the house plays a prominent role in any home. If you have a commercial complex, your commercial complex’s roof is as important as the home. Being the commercial building or the house owner should know that their property’s maintenance and repair is from time to time.
Whenever we talk about roofing, a picture of a roof is formed in our minds. Many people among us do not even know what the roof is. Many people in Greensboro find it challenging to identify the difference between a residential roofing system vs. a commercial roofing system. All roofs are the same for such people. But how long will you keep running away from this truth? The truth is that through this blog, I will tell you a significant and real difference between the residential roofing vs. commercial roofing system.
If you live in Greensboro or any North Carolina city, you face bad weather conditions or no time rainfalls. Due to heavy rains and thunderstorms, your roof is very damaged. To correct this damage, you will have to get your roof repaired or replace, for which you will have to spend a higher cost. Are you planning your residential or commercial roof replacement? For that, you must first select any trusted or reliable roofing contractors that ensure you provide good service and durable roofing. So, to replace the roof, you need to know about the difference between commercial and residential roofing systems.
Here some biggest differences between commercial and residential roofing systems. That will help you to find some better results.
- Roofing Materials: The roofing materials are using in commercial and residential by the roofing contractors. It will vary depending on the climate conditions of the surroundings and material cost. So, you need to know whether it is a residential roof or a commercial roof by nature. Typically, residential roofs are stable, and a commercial roof has a flat slope. I can give you an excellent example of this to understand wood or asphalt shingles. What is most important is the roof area. The roofing materials should be chosen depending on the roof slope, occupancy, and climatic conditions. Some popular materials for commercial roofs and residential are:
Commercial Roofing Materials: The most common material in commercial roofing is metal for more durability, and the material can be altered depending on the design of the building.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
On the other hand, residential roofing system has a wide range of material selections are: Although any materials can be used for a home, asphalt shingles are the most popular residential roofing option. While the other material including metal, rubber, tile, and slate.
Common roofing materials are using both residential and commercial roofing are:
Metal panel roofing – Standing Seam
- Roofing Designs: Both residential and commercial roofing system design varies with each other. In comparison, the residential building roofs are more visible than the commercial building roofs. The residential roofing style and design are highly important than commercial roofing. We mainly saw commercial roofs are large, flat, and low slope than the typical residential roof. Most people are not knowledgeable that Flat roofs always require regular roof inspections and routine maintenance to stay in a good state. One specific pattern of a commercial building roofing has several circumstances to study, such as the weight of material housed on the roof and the necessary to cover a more comprehensive section. Residential homes tend to have limited care where their design is concerned and tend to be more accessible to maintain, repair, and replace.
Residential: In residential roofing, homeowners have many options for the color and design of their residence.
Commercial: Business owners are limited to low sloped or flat roofs because these are the most durable styles in nature.
- Costing: The costing you need to bear as the roof costing for the residential roofing system will be lower than the commercial building roofing system. Why is the costing always high of commercial roofing? The special tools and protective gear, advanced tools, equipment, and materials needed for the job are increased than the residential roofing projects. The cost of flat roofs is always high as compared to sloped roofs. The repair cost of commercial roofing is higher than the residential roofs. Luckily, several people do not worry because building a roofing repair on a private house is much les costly than putting a new roof on a commercial construction building.
Labor: The labor and costing of Residential roofing, although they use the same materials, then the work cost significantly less.
The labor cost of Commercial roofing, they use a lot more materials and laborers to get the job done. It also takes more extended plans and executes.
- Installations: Roof installation is a massive part of any roofing job. The installation and creation of residential roofing tend to be comfortable than commercial roofing. While most USA peoples are using solar shingles in the US, the only obstacle tends to be a chimney for residential roofing. On the other hand, commercial roofing needs more skilled and professional roofers familiar with building around proper airflow systems, smoke stakes, and external piping. Professional roofing contractors can meet all the demands and requirements of roofing services and all roof installation jobs.
- Roof Maintenance Requirements: Every year, millions of homeowners and business owners change their roof. This roofing system requires preventive maintenance, just like any other components of your building and whether it is an interior or exterior.
Commercial Roofing what you need to know: The maximum commercial roofing system is flat roofing, which performs easier to investigate and maintain
Residential Roofing: The residential roofing system is usually highly sloped, gabled, and unsafe for roofers to examine, replace, repair, and maintain these roofs.