Originally posted on May 2, 2020 @ 8:17 am
CBD Oil For Dogs: What You Need Know
Having canines as a significant part of a family means not only having a fun time with them but includes sharing their joys, as well as taking care of the various health concerns that they may not be able to speak out about.
Pet care consists of providing deep care for your furry friend, from providing meals at the correct time of day to understanding any illnesses they may be suffering from. Fortunately, health care services for dogs are advancing to new heights with a plethora of treatments and products, one of them being a prominent name in the human health care industry.
CBD is a trending name that you must have heard in health care. It’s a well-known ingredient in many households now and is used to treat various health concerns. Surprisingly, this product, with all its natural generosity, is now known to treat pet concerns.. While products such as CBD topicals are fun and effective, CBD oil and tinctures offer medicinal benefits, making them extremely convenient to treat your pets to some CBD. Dog owners are curious to know what the ingredient exactly is and what it has in store for their pups, which is why we have curated this informative piece to let you know more about CBD and dogs.
Things to Know About CBD Oil
CBD oil may be a new term for many people, but its origin and avid usage has become more and more popular over the years. CBD oil is a product of cannabis, a plant that offers a rich trove of innumerable advantageous properties.
It’s one of the major components of cannabis that provides health-improving characteristics while lacking the psychological effects of the plant. In fact, CBD is known to be a non-psychoactive element, which means that it is incapable of producing a “high” with its usage. It’s obtained from the hemp species of cannabis and contains a negligible amount of THC (the psychoactive component) and is safe for treating several health issues.
The oil is one of the many products created using cannabidiol. The safety of components and little-to-no risk of side-effects make it a prominent ingredient for both humans and dogs. While different from traditional marijuana, it provides promise for you – as a dog owner – to give your dear pet a happy and healthy life. So, it’s important to know about how CBD affects the system of your dog and how it can influence its health and overall well being.
Effects of CBD oil on dogs
CBD interacts indirectly with the endocannabinoid system to provide its benefits. The endocannabinoid system is present in both humans and dogs considering which the benefits of CBD are similar in both as well. The endocannabinoid system is known to regulate various significant functions of the body. Under the influence of CBD, the endocannabinoid system stimulates homeostasis to heal various illnesses among dogs. The completely natural components make it an even better ingredient to consider for your dog’s health.
Image Source; unsplash.com
Benefits of CBD oil
By having an immense number of properties, CBD oil is widely used for treating various health issues in humans. Similarly, dogs are prone to inherit numerous illnesses as well, which CBD can competently treat. Researches may not have proven this claim yet, but users have given their word on receiving promising results with the use of CBD for their dogs. Here are a few conditions on how CBD oil is gradually helping treat canines without it getting high.
- Arthritis: An age-related concern that is very common in old dogs, arthritis can be extremely difficult for active canines. It makes physical movement painful and sometimes completely prevents mobility. It also provides anti-inflammatory benefits to treat arthritis by diminishing the inflammation in joints and reducing pain.
- Anxiety: Remember how your dog behaves around fireworks? It can be a sign of anxiety and nausea. The former is common among dogs or small pups that may not react well to loud sounds or traveling. CBD contains anti-anxiolytic properties that calm the mind of your dog and even saves them from the physical anguish from anxiety.
- Pain: Just like small kids can be prone to injuries, dogs, too, are innocent beings that are prone to get injured with all the rash physical movements. In fact, CBD oil comprises pain-relieving agents that reduce chronic or injury-induced pain to soothe the target area.
Image Source: unsplash.com
- Epileptic seizures: CBD oil is known to be an excellent treatment for dogs that experience epileptic seizures on a regular basis. The natural ingredient, when used with the traditional treatment methods of epilepsy, furnishes drastic changes in limiting and reducing the number of seizures experienced by the dog.
- Cancer: Cancer treatments can turn out to be more difficult to handle than the ailment itself, and that is where CBD oil can help. It can help reduce side-effects such as nausea, anxiety, and pain.
CBD oil may be a valuable supplement or treatment for your dog. It can drastically help with the overall well-being of your dog in many forms. Although the product is known to emit near to no side-effects, consultation from a professional is extremely significant. So, be sure to visit with a professional veterinarian to learn more about how CBD can be the best variant for your family canine.