Basics of Booking Conference Rooms
Originally posted on January 23, 2020 @ 4:00 am
In a busy office environment, conference rooms are a precious commodity. The conversation needs to take place, and usually takes place on-the-fly, and every team like Monday morning meetings. Some of us might have or the team might have faced a situation where one is found shuffling in and out of a conference room with shame on the face, then they should know that there is always a better way. There are some basic steps which should be kept in mind to minimize conference room confusion.
Understanding the problem –
Always try to keep the problem in mind before booking a conference room in Delhi. Mentioned below are some of the questions to be taken into consideration when looking to improve conference room booking at your company.
- Check the problem? Insufficient rooms if any? People stealing into the room that are not blocked? Some of the conference rooms that are underutilized and some that ate over utilized.
- Why is the room need for the team to maximize productivity? Find out if each room is equipped with proper conferencing and presentation tools for in-room and web meetings of have some rooms been excluded?
- Does everyone know about the room as to which and where located? Are the rooms organized and labelled in a logical way?
- How disseminated the company is? Does your company need a solution that accounts for the time zones and different offices? Are the times set for the meetings or are there other times which are meeting free?
Go for the easy wins –
Whether it is switching out furniture or printing a set of labels, various changes need to be made to make your physical space that will give in some quick wins when it comes to booking conference venues in Delhi.
- Give name to each of the conference room – You can go by any route either east, west, south, north way, the only thing your team has to remember is the room. For ease in locating, you can post a map on your company internet and by the side of the cooler.
- Conference rooms should be connected to your calendars. If there is a name given to each of the conference room then they can be easily booked form Outlook or Google Apps. If all the rooms are labelled clearly then there is no confusion over who is on the first. It is always better to make use of an iPad or scheduling screen at each room to display its expected tenant or colour code red or green based on the availability.
- Technology should be kept consistent. When it comes to conferencing and presentation equipment make sure that all the rooms are created equally so that no rooms are consistently favoured or overlooked.
- Open your workspaces. Prefer to have glass conference rooms. People can easily see into a room and hence are less likely to interrupt you. If you have a floor plan then the conversation can take place easily without any room.
- Block rooms for walk-in only. You can easily use some non-reserved spaces like in a restaurant so that the last minute room is always available.
- Create fluid, mixed-use spaces. Some offices make use of couches and kitchen areas for impromptu asides and try to reserve conference rooms for scheduled meetings.