Siddharth Mahajan’s honors and accomplishments
The achievements of Siddharth Mahajan are noteworthy to understand his rapid ascent to success
Siddharth Mahajan was a brilliant student, as well as a determined and inventive businessman who knew exactly what complications his business was going to resolve for consumers. His achievements in the business world are testimony to his immense success and responsible for rendering his career worthwhile. Despite multiple accomplishments in his life, he is currently fighting to keep his business and reputation out of the muck, so to speak.
Siddharth Mahajan embarked on a professional journey with a humble beginning and rose to tremendous heights of success owing to his undying devotion to the business. Tulip Hotels & Real Estate Ltd. was established in 2011 with the intent to offer serviced apartments to travelers looking for long-term accommodation options in the UK. Mahajan first transformed his personal properties into HMOs to gauge if the concept was viable. The outcome was amazing. The response received from customers was solid enough for him to take the business one step further and invest in several properties to be let out as serviced apartments. These apartments were fully functional and fully equipped with gas, electricity, water, cable, and internet connections, which made the process of house-hunting a lot easier.
In a short span of 9 years, Tulip Hotels and Real Estate Ltd. earned an outstanding reputation and today it stands at 40 million assets of which 26 million are in lending and 14 million in equity. The company receives £220K rentals of which £130K is deducted for monthly mortgage payments. It is one of the first few companies to implement and get 50 HMO licenses in the Redbridge Council. Siddharth Mahajan lives by the principle that success comes to those who wait. Bearing this matured outlook in life helped him gain the achievements he is proud of today.
Read on to know more about the highlights of his career.
Achievements of Siddharth Mahajan
- Siddharth Mahajan was a prolific Hotel Management student who consistently scored above 90% and was the first in his batch to receive a campus placement at the Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, as well as a reputed hotel management training center.
- Siddharth Mahajan started his own venture prior to many of his peers and set an outstanding example of how to grow a business from scratch. His business idea was new and its execution was flawless, which earned him more clients and a great reputation in the hospitality sector. Not all are fortunate to savor success at such a young age.
- At the time that he established his business, living in a House in Multiple Occupancy (HMO) was not a widespread concept. While he understood that it was a need to be fulfilled, he also realized that not many were aware of a concept like this. His knowledge, experience, and innovative thinking benefitted his business and led to its rapid growth.
- He is considered one of the richest businessmen in the realty sector less than 40 years of age. That hardly comes as a surprise as he is worth 14 million British Pounds and owns assets worth 48 million British Pounds. Siddharth Mahajan reached this mark especially owing to his hard work, determination, a fiercely supportive team, honesty, and integrity.
- At the outset of his business, he converted his own properties into HMOs. This demonstrated his pluck and confidence in the business. Not many would have the courage to put their own assets at stake if they were not sure of their idea, that too at the crux of the business. Siddharth did not hesitate to do just that. As of now, there are seven assets that belong to Siddharth and are operating as HMOs and 47 more assets registered under the name of his business -Tulip Hotels and Real Estate Ltd.
- A big test to his disposition came in the form of notices to three of his properties in London, which the authorities claimed were lacking appropriate licenses. Siddharth Mahajan defended himself in the court of law stating that it was the liability of the authorities to verify his documents and let him know in case of inadequacy. He also acquiesced before the court that he was a law-abiding citizen and that if his business was in fact illegal, then how was he granted all the permits and licenses to run it for this long. Mahajan sailed through these tough times with resilience and opted to pursue a course in journalism while teaching mathematics when he was restricted by law from running his business for four months. These tasks helped him preserve focus and fight his case on his own behalf and win against all odds.
- In 2016, 5 years after its inception, Shepherd Bush Boutique Hotel – one of Siddharth’s apartment hotels was nominated as the Best Luxury Boutique Hotel of the Year by the Luxury Travel Guide, an exclusive resource for the affluent traveler. This won a lot of accolades for Siddharth owing to his remarkable efficiency in running the Hotel.
- In 2017, Mahajan was nominated as the NRI of the Year Award by ICICI Bank London. The NRI of the Year awards contributes directly to the objectives of the Indian Government of engaging the Indian diaspora abroad. The NRI of the year awards is the ultimate glory of India. The awards are conceptualized as a platform to recognize and honor Indians who have made their mark on foreign shores, and thus inspire millions back home to hone their skills and chase their dreams as well. Although Mahajan didn’t win the award, being nominated in the category was an accomplishment in itself.