Originally posted on April 16, 2020 @ 12:34 pm
“Which car should I buy? “ This question often arises in the minds of people who have an intention of buying a new car. With so many sizes, types and variants of cars available in the market, this confusion seems to be logical.
Cars have evolved to be basic necessities from luxuries over the years. A car in your garage is as essential as a piece of furniture in your living room. Cars come in various sizes, shapes, with various amenities and features. It is very important to know about cars available in market before splurging your hard-earned money on one of the car models.
- Budget. You money constraints are a key factor when buying a car. A few hundreds more or lesser will make major changes during the purchase of your car.
- Your requirements from the car. Requirements for a professional from a car would be different from a student’s requirements from a car. List out all the features you are expecting from your car before you purchase your vehicle.
- Chalk out your necessities, assess your budget and research about the available models which come in your budget requirements before buying.
Types of cars:
Depending on their size and shape, cars are mainly classified into the following categories:
- Micro car: Micro cars are really small cars which are intended for seating 2 or less passengers. They are generally used for urban travel where traffic problems are really troublesome. Their engines have less than 1l capacity. Sometimes, they are also battery run. They are usually vibrantly colored and are best suitable for students and couples. Eg: Reva
- Hatchbacks: Hatchbacks are a little bigger than micro cars and can seat up to 5 passengers at the maximum. Though, they are best suitable for 4 passenger journeys. They are efficient and they come with modern amenities. They are usually referred to as “city cars” but can also be used on highways!
- Sedan: Sedan cars are cars which are big enough for 5 adults/ large families/ tall people. With more luxury features and better seating space, these are the most common car models chosen. If you are a large family, sedan could be the right car for you!
- MUV: A Multi Utility Vehicle is a car which, as the name suggests, has a multi utility. It offers large space for luggage, space for some extra people and also better inside space. MUV is actually a combination of the towing capacity of a van with the comfort of a personal automobile. Eg: Tata Aria
- SUV: SUV’s are Sports Utility Vehicles. They can be driven on any terrain and mainly focus on the exterior appearance and character and technology to enhance the off-road and on-road capability. They are best for travelling long distances. Eg: Land Rover.
Convertibles are also called as drop top, rag top, roadster, cabriolet, cabrio. These cars can be converted into a car in open-air mode with foldable roof tops. They are perfect for that long distance travel on your holiday/vacation! Eg: Jaguar XK140
At the end of the day, the right car for you depends on what you require from the car. Browse through some magazines, check out on the internet or take opinions from your acquaintances before buying that perfect car for you!